Our commitment is to put health and safety at the heart of what we do.
• Protect our people’s health against harm. We Manage our workplace risks by actively identifying, recording and investigating incidents or near misses.
• Monitor and continually improve the performance of our land-side and marine health and safety management systems.
• Continue to support government agencies in the protection of the New Zealand maritime border from COVID-19.
• Comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015, Maritime Transport Act 1994 and adhere to relevant codes of practice.
• Consult, cooperate and coordinate with businesses that we share a workplace with to make sure our overlapping health and safety duties are met.
• Develop our culture to support an integrated and preventative approach to health and safety.
See here for the Auckland Council health and safety policy
See something, Say something, Do something
If something doesn't feel safe, the chances are it is not. So dont do it. Stop the job. Speak up. If you see others doing something dangerous, stop them. Don't take shortcuts because that's when accidents tend to happen.