Westhaven Marine Village Construction Updates
Updates for berth holders, tenants and visitors on the construction of the Westhaven Marine Village. The construction site is in the carpark area between the Westhaven Marina Office at 137 Westhaven Drive, and the J Pier toilet block, and takes place from September 2019 - August 2020.
This page is best viewed in a web browser.
2 DecEMBER Update:
The streel structure is going up! The concrete is being poured and we can see some great progress!
If you have been down recently you will have seen that construction of the Westhaven Marine Village is making great progress.
You will see steel structures and concrete pouring completed over the coming months. It's great to get an idea of what it will look like already.
Although the list of tenants is yet to be released, we are looking forward to welcoming marine business to a convenient location for Westhaven users and berth holders!
2 October Update:
Piling for the Westhaven Marine Village will be underway from 7 October for about two weeks. This part of the project will generate a significant amount of noise. Noise will be closely monitored to ensure that it’s within thresholds, and mitigation factors, including shielding, will be in place. You may notice this if you are walking past, in the nearby buildings, or visiting your boat. Piling work is expected to be finished by 21 October.
Seven native trees removed to make way for the Westhaven Marine Village have gone to a new home just around the corner in Curran Street. These trees were carefully transported and replanted in their new home, where they are settling in well. Some 51 existing trees will surround the new building, 49 of which are Pohutukawa and an additional six native Karaka trees will be planted.
11 SEPTEMBER UPDATE:
- The closure of the carpark from the J Pier toilet block to the marina office from 9 September. Please use parking in other parts of the marina, and ask your customers or members to do the same, observing signage and displaying your permit if in a yellow zone. Permit holders can use the carparks to the west of the Harbour Bridge on Curran Street. At peak times, please allow some additional time to find a park and walk to your destination.
- Public access to Westhaven Drive and all berths will remain open for the duration of the project.
- Fences are being installed around the site and a temporary crane will be visible to lift building components into place. Vehicle access for construction traffic will be at the south eastern end of the site.
- Works will occur between 8:30am and 5:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Piling activity is expected to start in spring 2019 for completion prior to the summer season 2019/20. This may cause some noise, however the contractor is subject to undertaking these activities at reasonable times between 8:30am and no later than 5:30pm. At this stage, no works are planned during the weekend over the summer to avoid disruption to marina visitors.
- Landscaping will also get underway. Some 51 existing trees will surround the new building, 49 of which are Pohutukawa and an additional 6 native Karaka trees will be planted. This landscaping will see 7 native trees relocated to Curran Street and three small specimens removed.
- Construction for other Westhaven Marina projects will overlap, including the Pile Mooring Project, stage two of the Promenade, and Enabling Works for the Auckland Harbour Bridge Pathway.