You are invited!
It's fun, it's free, and it's all about enjoying our fantastic marina. Westhaven Marina Day is very special day out and all Aucklanders are invited.
It's your chance to come in, enjoy hospitality from our clubs and operators, and see and experience what's on offer. All ages can try sailing, SUP and kayaking, go for boat rides, and just hang out.
We even have a special fishing experience for kids.
THE NEXT MARINA DAY WILL BE HELD FROM 12PM-4PM ON SUNDAY 25 MARCH 2018.
THINGS TO DO (ALL FREE!)
- A special kids fishing experience
- Boat tours aboard a historic race patrol boat and a Sealegs amphibious craft
- Try sailing, kayaking and SUP (and go into the draw to win a Phoenix Kayak!
- Find out about joining a race crew
- A tuk-tuk ride on the Westhaven Promenade!
- All aboard the Maritime Police's flagship vessel, Deodar 3, Coastguard's Lion, and the New Zealand Customs Service's brand new ship, Hawk V
- Meet Auckland Council's biosecurity dogs
- Learn bike skills – riding or doing your own maintenance. Adults only, provided by Auckland Transport Cycling
- Visit a cruising yacht and talk to the owners about the cruising lifestyle
- Learn about Owha the Leopard Seal from the people that know her best
- Learn about FishCare and Kia Ika, with LegaSea
- Bouncy castle, face painting, and balloons for kids
- Buy unique items from the Buoy Cafe Craft Market and the Marine Jumble Sale
- Look at e-Bikes with the FatBikeShop
- Visit the America's Cup at its home, the RNZYS
- Find out about environmental initiatives to improve water quality at Westhaven and surrounding areas
- And much more!
WITH SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Ponsonby Cruising Club
- Buoy Cafe
- Phoenix Kayaks and GiveitaGo Kayak & SUP Hire
- Drowning Prevention Auckland
- Westhaven Rotary
- Coastguard Auckland
- Coastguard Boating Education
- New Zealand Customs Service
- Watershed on Barry's Point Road
- Auckland Transport Cycling
- Ministry of Primary Industries
- Auckland Maritime Police
- Department of Conservation's leopard seal experts
- Auckland Motorway Alliance
- Auckland Council
- Westhaven Radio Sailing
- Royal NZ Yacht Squadron
- Cruising Association of NZ
- Ukelele Union
- Superhero Second Line
Plus we have music, food, and even transportation to get you around the marina. Westhaven is easy to get to, and there is usually plenty of carparking. Most actitivies are free, but bring cash in case you decide to buy something.
Are you a business, group, vendor or club that would you like to participate? Email the event manager or call Zoe on 021 273 5070.
Check out photos from past events on Facebook