Thanks for your input!
How satisfied are you, our customers with the services that you receive and what opportunities should be considered to improve services and facilities?
That is the key question we seek to answer each year through the Westhaven Marina Customer Survey.
In the 2017 survey conducted in April, satisfaction with the marina is high and much improved on last year, with 97% of customers very satisfied with the services (rating the marina 4 to 7 on a 7 point scale), up from 68% in 2016.
The improvement is credited to both improved facilities, and a great job done by staff. “The dockmasters are excellent. They are friendly and proactive, and regularly patrol berths and waterways,” said one of the 561 customers that responded. Another said “The office and staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.”
You asked, we provided!
Here are some of the improvements that you were pleased with:
- For improved laundry and bathroom facilities - these have been upgraded marina-wide in the last two years.
- For better rubbish systems - a new contract with Green Gorilla sees smaller bins that are emptied more frequently, and easier sorting of recycling
- For your property to be safer at the marina: this measure increased by 8%, due to secure gate access, and increased CCTV coverage and vigilance throughout fairways and carparks. Westhaven maintains a strong working relationship with the NZ Police and break-ins to vehicles at Westhaven are rare.
- For more trolleys - we continue to add to the number that we have, but also to ask those using trolleys to return them to the gate once they are done.
- More and better spaced loading zones that are used regularly by about 1/3 of customers
We will keep working on:
- Getting more crew and guests registered with their own swipe tags, so they can come and go from the marina securely - because your vessel’s safety is paramount.
- Vehicle security. The incidence of break-ins at Westhaven is very low. We have 141 of active CCTV cameras within Westhaven, and a vigilant Dockmaster team who work closely with the police. While break ins are few and far between, there is no doubt that professional thieves do target the marina, like they do many other locations, and we recommend that you do not leave valuables in your car because once thieves catch on that Westhaven is favourable for stolen goods, it’s too late.
- Cleanliness of bathroom facilities: while use of the marina’s facilities by the visiting public is specifically funded, we are still challenged by increased public use, including tour buses, which affects cleanliness, and we are working on this.
- Improving accessibility to carparking for berth holders and their guests. This is one of the most challenging aspects of running Westhaven.
- Providing regular information so that you understand what’s happening at the marina, including club events, project plans and updates, and operational matters.
Thank you to all those that participated - we have informed those that won our vouchers. We welcome feedback and ideas at any time - please email email@example.com, call into the marina office, or attend our regular Westhaven Forum events.
Pictured: Marina Manager Kevin Lidgard, below. Dockmaster Keith Anderson is in the main picture.